Tuesday, December 12, 2017

12 days til Christmas

And thank God, halos tapos na ako sa Christmas shopping. Hindi ako masyadong nahirapan this year. Mga boss na lang ang kulang, pero halos lahat ng friends at kapamilya meron nang nakalaan. Konti na lang, list is complete.

But that's not the reason why I'm writing here. Today I started something new.  Yes, a diet! Yung sikat na sikat ngayong keeetow. First time kong magseryoso sa isang diet in a long long time. I'm not one to go on fad diets-- never really believed in them-- but the testimonials of peeps on this one, man. And an entirely different approach, one that's not going to be hard for me to follow (pwede ang meat! pwede ang fat! pwedeng kumain, bawas lang ng carbs!). So Day 1 is done, and this was my first keetow meal for the day...


 Salmon omelette with lettuce and onions and a spoonful of cream cheese (yes, pwede ang cream cheese- kahit konti). Hopefully, in 5 months-- that's May 2018-- I'd be 20 pounds lighter. Others have lost same amount of way on this diet for a shorter period of time kaya hindi naman siguro imposible. Morning of Day 1, I weighed in at 61.5 kilos (ARGH). By May 2018, masaya na ako at 50 kilos (but that's still 3 kilos shy of my mid-20s weight, 47 kilos-- the weight I'd kept on for about 10 years before I bloated to this pudgy mommy-figured self).

Claiming it, universe. I'm imagining the old clothes I'd be able to wear again (it'll be like having an entirely new wardrobe--only their old clothes!). Goodbye, loose fat-girl polo shirts. Hello again, shorts and dresses. Goodbye, 30-inch-waistline jeggings. Hello again, old 27-inch jeans. Okay, 27 inch waistline ain't the ideal, but that would be good enough for me. Anything that would make me fit my old jeans again!

So Day 2 begins in a few hours and I'm still up. Buti na lang, thank You Lord, magaan ang work life these days. Ewan ko na lang during deadlines (not allowed to drink normal coffee! no sugars, too) pero I'm keeping my hopes up. And determined to fight! Dry run lang ang 1 week, alam ko, lafang month ang December pero malay natin, ma-maintain ko ang keetow way of eating kahit papano. Kelangan lang, determinado.

Magastos ang diet na ito-- at least for someone like me na matakaw. Went to the grocery again and bought meat, meat meat. Tonight I ate hamburger patties--  ground pork and beef, onions, eggs, salt pepper. I'm making chicken broth later-- slow-cooking it-- and thank God I love eggs because eggs will be my best friend from Day 1 onwards. Lord, sana talaga mapanindigan ko.

So I still have burger patties for lunch later. And a bit of the salmon omelette for breakfast (lalagyan ko uli ng lettuce and onion). May meeting later, kaya malamang late dinner of burger patties din. And chicken broth.

Day 2, bring it on! Keeetow is on!

Sana by Day 3, 60 kilos na ko. Haha. I used to be this way when I was in college. Nakabantay lagi sa weighing scale. Nakakapagod ang ganun. Pero hindi ko alam kung psychological, pero ang gaan ng pakiramdam ko. Not eating rice, or bread, or any carb-heavy food for Day 1. Hindi ako nanghihina dahil siguro sa fats. At ang lakas kong uminom ng tubig.

50 kilos by May. No more chubchub face. No more double chin. Back to slim petite me. Huhu. I miss the younger slimmer petite version of me.

A lot of writing has to happen between now and May, kaya good luck. Kaya ko 'to!! Pwede ang chicharon sa diet na to, alam mo ba yon?? Di ba ang saya? So I'll be munching on chicharon whenever I'm stressed while writing. I'll be eating up. No more fasts, at least while I'm starting on this diet. Eggs are my bestfriend. And a bit of cheese, too. And butter, yeah. Basta organic pure butter.

Missing rice? I'll try cauli rice! I bought cauliflower. Ang mahal ng cauliflower grabe. Pero go go go. Pwede nga ang steak sa diet na to. Pwede ang favorite kong inihaw na pusit, inihaw na liempo. Sana talaga, ito na ang diet na magtatanggal ng post-owtwol fats ko.



No comments: