Monday, January 15, 2018

Sweet Little Girl Days

Dear Audrey,

At 7 years old, one of the things that you love is being with your mother. And my heart couldn't be more full, but a little sad too, because I know it won't be this way forever.

Your quotable quotes:

- "mama bakit alis ka nang alis?" - in a whining tone, kapag nagkasunud sunod ang mga araw na kailangan kong magreport sa office for work.

- "mama matutulog ako sa yo?" - with hopeful eyes-- dahil kapag may deadline ako sa yaya ka natutulog para dire-diretso akong makatrabaho.  at kapag sinabi kong "oo" sa tanong mo-- matutuwa ka-- because we have this little ritual at bedtime, you and me lying in bed together watching a movie, me making you your bedtime milk, cuddling, chatting, laughing, just being together. and when it's time for your to sleep, we'll pray together, and you'll fall asleep with me beside you. 8pm-10pm are sacred hours for you kapag matutulog ka sa akin. 8pm-10pm is Mama and Audrey time.

- "mama bakit umalis ka sa tabi ko??" - whining, tearing up-- when you wake up and you don't find me beside you, but sleeping beside your Papa.  this morning you were in tears, masama ang loob, tampururot, dahil dalawang beses kang nagising na natutulog ako sa tabi ng Papa mo. how can I explain to you, anak, that I'm trying to divide my quality time between you and your father? at this stage in our lives, time is such a precious commodity, because work occupies most of it, so cuddling beside your father while we sleep is one of those daily moments we share when we're not busy working. That doesn't mean I love him more than I love you, and I'm bothered that you are even seeing your Papa as a rival of sorts when it comes to me. I really really hope you grow out of it soon.

- "I love you, Mama" - sleepy you, saying this to me out of the blue, as I tuck you in bed. Ang sarap pakinggan anak, lalo na't may kasabay na yakap. Ramdam na ramdam ko ang pagmamahal mo. It's so pure, so priceless, I don't want to ever forget these days when I'd hear those words from you.

Alam ko natural lang na mag-evolve ka as you grow older, kaya gusto ko lang i-immortalize. kung ako lang ang masusunod, I want to be with you lagi lagi. But we gotta do what we gotta do. Konting pasensya lang, anak. I'm trying my best not to disappoint you.

Bukas aalis na naman ako to work elsewhere. And you told me tonight-- "mama parang naiiyak ako.. kasi alam ko pag-alis mo bukas sa Friday na naman kita uli makikita" - with voice breaking. It almost breaks my heart. Plano kong magsulat sa Marikina til Friday for this script week we are finishing. Pero dahil sa sinabi mo napapromise mo tuloy ako na Wednesday ako uuwi. Bahala na, anak. Para sa yo, susubukan kong matapos nang maaga.






No comments: