Tuesday, June 08, 2004

god help me, i want to make my second baby...

I want to make a short film. On 35mm. I think it's just about time now. To make my second baby.
But I would want to make it for the sole desire of WANTING to tell a story, to say something. I wouldn't want to make it because "it's about time", no. That would be sort of corrupting the immaculateness of the whole process of "creating"...or whatever it's called.
God knows how I want to embrace this as my life, God knows how I want to churn out stuff, but I can't seem to sit down on it, can't seem to concentrate...God knows all this, and God ought to help me. If it's time, it's time.

Just caught another film at the French Film Festival: a Sino-French co-prod, "Balzac and the Little Seamstress". Finally, a film that somehow moved me...I guess this charming, quiet, poignant little gem (set during the Mao Zedong era in China, centering around three youngsters and their coming-of-age/awakening in the communist mountains) thrusts SEX IS COMEDY down to NO. 2 in my French Film Fest list of favorites. 6 down, 13 more to go!!!!!!

Hmmm....I think I'm curious about La Petite Lili. The poster looks nice (closeup of half of a lovely girl's face). It's showing on Friday afternoon, will definitely catch it.

No comments: