Friday, November 19, 2004

the city of pines in november

It's my first night in Baguio and there are five major things in my mind right now:
1. I'm really happy that, for the first time in my young career as script continuity supervisor, I'm being made to do things that are truly creative. Really appreciate that, Direk Cholo...I promise not to let you down.
2. So much to do for our seven-day marathon shoot here and don't even ask me to list them all down...good thing is I'm actually looking forward to getting things done. And done well, of course!
3. I really really need to pee right now.
4. I hope my slight headache goes away. I need to be in good shape tomorrow.
5. I miss my gay lola. Haven't seen him in a long time. I wonder what he's busy with right now. In this job, you have no roots. You only have temporary families. You're a drifter from project to project and people are most often mere transients in your life. For two months or three you work together but when the project's over it's bye-bye, see you around, have a nice life. It's kinda lonely. Compared to having a regular job where you get to work with the same people every single day for as long as you have that job.
5a. I miss you, my gay lola. I'm going to get over you soon, I know. This is the familiar post-infatuation phase. I won't be seeing you anymore...maybe the next time would be a long time from now, so I guess I'm seeing the end to this chapter. The sadness, the bitterness, the sourgraping feelings have significantly dissipated..now I'm just wallowing in the more pleasant memories.
5b. See you when I see you. Hope I can work with you again soon. By that time, though, it wouldn't mean as much to me as it would now. That's another fact of life: blessing usually come a little too late.

No comments: