Tuesday, August 07, 2007

cat photo series 1

i looove cats. they're such beautiful, graceful, laidback creatures. there's somethin bout the way they look---the almond eyes, the little mouth that forms a small "W" where it meets the whiskers, the gently sloping heart-shaped face, the fur-padded paws, the absolute symmetry of their features--that appeals to me, visually. i'm moved. i'm taken. i'm a slave to the beauty of cats.

whenever i meet an adorable cat and i have my camera with me, i take a snapshot. and here's what i've piled up in the My Pictures folder. every photo has a story, and every cat is a star.



This was my cat Monique. if there was a cat who was my One True Love it would've been Monique. She's my Ideal Cat in every way--the way she looked, the way she moved, her cool, quiet, reserved, prim and proper temperament. But she got away. Don't ask me why, long story. :-(

I met this Persian cat in a pet shop in SM North. She was free to mill about the shop like it was her house. She was absolutely as adorable in person as she looks in this photo. And she also costs a whopping P15,000. papers and all. sigh. wish you were mine, kitty kitty.

i met this cat on the set of a movie we were shooting recently. he was buff and gray, very masculine. i'm a fan of meaty felines. parang ang sarap yakapin! it was very dark so i had to shoot with the flashbulb on, but in person his eyes are a transluscent, prismatic gray.

more cat photos to come...soon!

No comments: