Saturday, June 18, 2005

thoughts to greet this sunny Saturday morning with

i know, waiting for that bright spot to materialize on a day that's not-so-bad will only drain the life out of me. i would rather post a self-directed survey on friendster to pass the time.

pass the time daw o! as if i would have the time to friggin do THAT. i would rather pass the time asleep. or cuddled up on a beanbag chair in front of my (perfectly-functioning, 14-inch) tv, watching an inspiring escapist movie. aha! my next project. all the tvs here at home are screwed up. how ironic that i just realized that two weeks ago, now that i'm working in television. and that beanbag chair is still bundled up in plastic at the showcase room of megamall.

what if i go to the fete dela musique tonight? sacrifice four or five hours that could be used to rest or start working on a script that's due in two days...in favor of the music and the company of friends i haven't seen in a long time? hard choice to make in these delicate times. knowing myself, i would only bleed from the pressure later. and then i'd go looking for that bright spot again. not lookin' forward to it. bad days must be survived without having to resort to coping mechanisms. and syet, bad days shouldn't come this way again, i pray. so goodbye, bright spot.

days would come when you wouldn't care to even comb your hair anymore. you simply have more urgent things to bother yourself with. so i wasn't surprised when a well-meaning college classmate (whom i'm working with now) matter-of-factly told me that she was willing to give me a makeover for free. haha! i wasn't surprised. i would give myself a makeover as well. and she was, after all, the stylist of that ultra-glam movie FENG SHUI. que horror...! not so sure, though, if i would want to look like Kris Aquino.

i happened by a band gig last night at megastrip (Fight Against Cancer charity thingie with guests Hale, Session Road, and other alternative rockers) and memories of the UP Fair came to mind. Suddenly I was sad, remembering someone. I'm always remembering things. I look back so much I should buy a rearview mirror.

No comments: