Sunday, January 04, 2009

happy thought#1

i LOVE wong kar-wai movies!
thanks to his films, hongkong has been immortalized to me.

exotic. strong in asian color. poetic and poignant and desolate at the same time. in wkw's world, hongkong is where love is found and lost, in taxicabs and dark alleys and old hotels and smoke-filled noodle stalls.

i became a listed fan of WKW on facebook. stole these pictures from his fansite:

maggie cheung and tony leung in "in the mood for love" i love this movie. probably my favorite WKW film ever.
smoke languidly rising up into the light. lakas ng visual impact. tumatak talaga sa kin.
"days of being wild"--leslie cheung, my favorite HK actor ever! (kamukha nya si henry q dito, rose)
parang snapshot from a movie in my mind noon...except ako yung babae, haha (si maggie cheung yung babae dito)
"days of being wild" poster

for me wkw has mastered a style that bears his signature. moods and emotions. hindi sya cerebral na direktor, which settles just fine with me. sana gumawa pa sya ng maraming magagandang pelikula, pero sana hindi nya ulitin ang sarili nya. :-)

No comments: