Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Birthday Eve

And in less than 24 hours, I'm turning 39 :-D

Proud to say I'm 39! Kasi pwede pa akong pumasang 30 hehe. Konting papayat na lang, baka pwede pang 29. Chos.

My 38th year has been challenging. Emotionally, financially. Pero at least hindi nauuwi sa wala ang kinita these past 15 or so years. May binubunong property, at dahil doon I had to make drastic adjustments to my spending life. Pero nagtitiwala ako sa plano ng Diyos. Kaya ko 'to. Tutulungan nya akong kayanin ito.

There were heartbreaks. There were paradigm shifts. There were realizations, and learnings that came with those.  Career-wise, I'm just coasting along, doing what I've been doing for the past many years, but applying what I've learned from the past. I think the workplace is where I've learned a lot the most this year.

But despite all the not-so-happy things that happened this year, I choose to see that blessings. I don't always see them, so I need to constantly remind myself to do so. There are things that I still wish I had. Things that I wish I am. But I already have what really matters most. Family. Real friends. These people I love, and will probably love for the rest of my (hopefully, LONG) life. The comfort of a happy home, generous and supportive relatives and friends, my parents and my husband and daughter who are the constants in my life. I may still want so much more. But really, they're all I need.

But well, as far as new things go, the best new thing about my 38th year was.. Ketow. HAHA. Having lost more than 20 pounds, being at my lowest weight in YEARS. It's been more than 100 days, and I weighed in this morning at 51.7.  Target weight is 48, around 8 lbs away. And I'm still ketoing on and keeping calm! I WILL GET THERE!! By June, hopefully. Sana by end of April, 51 kgs na ako. At by May, 49 na. By June, 48 na, back to my DALAGA figure. Hehe.

Ang babaw mang pakinggan, but losing a lot of weight really helped me. Ketow is so sustainable for me. I can stay in this way of eating for life.  Hindi na ako takot sa sakit. I have more energy, rare na ang foggy-mind / walang gana days, kahit pagod ako minsan kaya ko pa magtrabaho, kahit walang gana magtrabaho. And the self-esteem. I feel so much better about myself. So much better!! Ayoko nang balikan yung mga mataba days ko!

So ayan. Nagpost lang ako because tomorrow's my birthday but truth is I just want to talk about ketow. BWAHAHA.

Thank You Lord. For everything. For the little blessings. For the learnings. For the constants in my life. I know You will take care of everything, I need not worry. I believe that whatever happens on my 39th year, it is Your will. Pray ko lang po Lord, mahabang buhay. Good health, for me and my loved ones.Yun lang po sana ang birthday wish ko. All else, I surrender to You.

No comments: