Monday, September 06, 2004

no place like home, part two

i've only been away from home for two days and i feel homesick already. retiring to our hotel room after 26 hours of marathon work, i'm suddenly overwhelmed by a sense of...emptiness. the room was empty. a sleeping closet for transients like me. like the boarding house i used to stay in during my office-girl days.

god i miss my family! i miss my quiet breezy afternoons alone at the lanai of our house. my pet kittens. playing freecell and minesweeper on my pc. fetching my little brother from school. those yosi sessions at midnight with my cousin michelle. those talks with my mother. i miss every little trivial thing.

two or three more (potentially haggard!) weeks to go. i wonder what god has in store for me. i wonder if i'm in the right direction. no other way to get on ahead in life than to leave your comfort zone...and make each day a learning experience.

No comments: