Friday, December 24, 2004

joyeux noel! (just some notes before christmas)

WISH LIST FOR CHRISTMAS:
1. A brand new PC unit that's ideal for Adobe Premiere editing.
2. An Orange DVD player.
3. A comfy couch-potato sofa (to complement my DVD player).
4. A CD man.
5. Repair services for my CD player.
6. A minidv cam. Or better yet, a Panasonic 24P cam.
7. A digital stillcam.
8. A confirmed new job assignment.
10.Merry Christmas text messages from the ones who matter. (wink, wink)
11. A brilliant concept for a short film.
12. All Wong Kar Wai movies, wrapped with a bow.

It just gets really cold sometimes. So much so that the first interesting person to display some dint of warmth can easily become a hero.
I never really believed that a person's genuine niceness could be such an attractive trait, up until two days ago. Of course I'll have to erase this from memory, exorcise it out of me because it's out of the question.

Natutuwa lang ako. How someone who's smart, sophisticated, talented, and impressively laidback can still be surprisingly, genuinely friendly. It's not something that I would expect from someone of his status and personality. It disarmed me. For a mad moment there, I thought I was smitten.

Lightning bolts in and out of the sky. As fast and fleeting and electric as that. This, too, shall pass, for mad moments never last long.

So he's such a man-of-the-world. I'm just a little girl here. The discrepancy is too much to take in. Forget it.

And besides, he's gay.

End of story.


Footnote--
New Year's resolution number 1: Stop falling for gay men.

1 comment:

waterfowl said...

yam! pangatawanan mo yung resolution na yan, hija. suportahan, ta ka. :)