Monday, April 28, 2008

case closed

looking back, i'm so glad.
that i didn't get to be in her position.
knowing me, it would've been lethal.
i would've sworn off your kind for life.

it would've been much harder, being worlds apart from you.
that's why i'm glad, up to now.
thank god you didn't.

case closed.

* * *

the other day i met you.
you greeted me first, and i couldn't believe my ears.
nothing's changed about you. despite everything.
i told you that i'd been seeing you everywhere.
now you see me again, you said.
the me of years ago would've been kept awake by what you'd said.
see you around, you said.
see you around, i said.
and off you flew.
i'll be seeing you again, i know.
but not like how i used to.

case closed.

* * *

on the eve of april 25, you were the first to greet me.
i'd forgotten. who's this?
i honestly didn't know.
years ago i would've known. would've waited all day, all night, for your greeting.
and years ago you had chosen to greet me last.
i was on a bus at that time.
i still remember who i was with.
what i was wearing.
what time it was.
and now, nothing. i don't even remember who you are.
but that doesn't mean anything, because we're friends.
just like how everything probably didn't mean anything, back then.

case closed.

* * *

damn lucky, i used to say of her.
she probably still is.
i used to wish that i were in her place. but that was long, long ago.
i can't help it. remembering.
i had my chance, but you didn't pick me.
i wanted you to. and didn't, as well.
now we're in touch.
under different circumstances, now would've been the perfect time.
but things are what they are.
and so.

case closed.

No comments: