Tuesday, November 08, 2005

yes i'm taking it personally

Two nights ago I chanced upon someone on ym. Did my usual ym greeting.

Psst. Nu ng chika sa (chorva)?

In response, he signed off.

The last time I said hi on ym he ignored me. Now he signs off. What is his problem?

I was just saying hi! It’s not like I was going to engage him in an actual ym-versation if he ever did say “hi” back. If he were busy he could’ve sent a terse, it-ends-here reply, and I would’ve gotten the message. But no, he just had to sign off. Turn on the “invisible” mode, more likely.

Shouldn’t make a big deal out of this, but I really felt that was rude. Not once in the entire time that I was around him did I do anything to merit such cold treatment. Oh well. It’s just as well.

Thanks for the extra motivation, dude. Like I didn’t have more than enough. I really should evict you out for good.

7 comments:

CF said...

If you really want to cut ties, just remove him from your YM buddy list. That way you won't even know if he's online. Out of sight, out of mind. ;-)

saffron_blue said...

i already did. :-)

CF said...

Hahaha! Way to go!!

Although to be honest, beatlebum has done that to me once or twice (signed out right after I said hi). But then, it's not like we're super close buddies, so I didn't mind. :D

beatlebum said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
beatlebum said...

ey, i didn't do that! haha :) probably, i wasn't able to sign off yahoo messenger when i disconnected.

i noticed that when i asked my housemate michiko to disconnect so i can use the net and when i log on YM, her account is still ONLINE. so saffron, DON'T BE SAD. i'm sure HE didn't ignore you. he's my friend too and he's not that rude. :D promise. :)

Anonymous said...

beatlebum: haha! no big deal, really. if it were anyone else i wouldn't have minded at all, but you probably know the story well enough to know why i'd tend to (over)react that way. and yes, i'm sure your friend wouldn't do that on purpose. you oughtta know him better than i do, he's your friend.
cf: knowing beatle, it was most probably just his dial-up. hehe. he wouldn't do that on purpose. dang, don'tya hate those tech glitches?!

CF said...

beatlebum... haha! Malamang nga it's just one of those tech glitches. Pero, as I said, I didn't mind naman... whatever the cause may have been. :D

I do know that sometimes there are delays... like from the time I hit "enter" to the time my msg shows up on someone else's YM, there can be a lag of a few seconds, especally if the connection is unstable (like mine) or if someone is on a dial-up.

So kung nagkataon that I sent my Hi and the person was really signing off, and they signed off before my message reached his/her YM because of the transmission lag, it's not their fault that they signed off. Just sheer bad timing.