Friday, March 24, 2006

strangely, i had a few laughs today

Interesting personages on a not-so-usual day:

Ariel Mermaid. Ohmagawd, she's gay. First time I heard it from her I mustered my best impression of a poker face. I didn't see that comin. She's in a relationship with the butch, Aiza Seguerra-type of lesbian chick. The dynamics of that kind of role-playing relationship escapes me. If I were lesbian I'd probably go for the feminine types, not for girls dressing up as boys. Then again, pakialam ko naman di ba. Live and let live, so they say.

The TDs. Such laidback chillin guys, compared to the--ehem--Gods. They're pretty cool and friendly if you try to get to know them better. Over the intercom in the middle of work they were discussing plans for a summer outing. How funny. I love laughing with them in the mornings.

BoraKid. He used to be interesting until he started being Typical. Nothing bad if we consider the norms, but it turns me off. In most cases, nearly all the time. The walls automatically rise up around me. The game becomes too predictable and I develop aversion. Because they probably do it with everyone else. In a skirt.

In fairness to him, though, his jokes are way too corny to not make me laugh.

Clyde. the mild-mannered kid who fell in love with the wrong guy. I know how he feels. And my heart goes out to him, sensing the fondness he tries to conceal each time he talks about the person. On the outside he seems stable and...normal. Goes to show how little we can actually know about people, basing it only on casual acquaintance.

Raging Bull. Still in love with FG. My heart goes out to him as well, because I used to be in the same boat, too. I like him as a person, mainly because he gave me flowers on Valentine's Day. Haha!I'm that cheap. Bulaklak lang ang katapat
presyo ng friendship ko. And words of compassion. And wise advice. And solicitousness. Add to that the fact that we have one common denominator and somehow that's basically where my fondness for the person is coming from: the similar experience of loving the same person. Who happens to not give a friggin shit. Haha.

Hey dude, I hope you get over it soon. He's a nice person and all, but he's not worth it. And when you do get over him I'm almost sure that he might even thank you for it. That's how hopeless it actually is. Which I know your mind understands. But the heart knows no logic at all, and that's the harshest thing about your case. Which was the harshest thing about my case as well.

This afternoon in the middle of a meeting he said to me: Meron kang hindi sinasabi sa kin.

Which drove me nuts.

Me: Ano?
Him: Yung bagong object of your affection.
Me: Ha?! Sino?
Him: Yung ka-yosi mo sa madaling araw.

Of course I didn't stop grilling him about it. I didn't let up. Cajoled, prodded, tried to trade off info. But the nagging feeling that he might have gotten it from THIS blog is still here. Shit. I'll be damned, if that's the case. I do hope he was telling the truth when he said he had gotten that chika from another person.

Me: Ano ba yung alam mo?
Him: You tell me kung anong alam ko.
Me: Tell me first, and then I'll tell you what I know. (conspiratorial smile. mwahaha) Kumusta naman kayo?
Him: (silent. then starts to sing a heartbreaking love song)
Me: I'll tell you what I know if you tell me what you know.
Him: I think I know what you know anyway.
Me: That's what you think.
Him: Or at this point it's immaterial.
Me: Talaga? (beat) Those things don't go away all that easily. (with an I-know-because-I've-been-there tone).

He didn't say anything. Haha. Love is a weakness.

Sarcasm Spasm. Thank you for being the first person to ever think that I am actually just a dumb girl. Hmm. Maybe it would be fun to play the part for the rest of my tenancy. For a change.

Jill Up The Hill. Four firstborns?! Are you friggin kidding? Ang tinik mo dude. And all the while I had thought you were gay. Big laugh. Sana crush ka na lang talaga ni...

...Pare Hanap Tayong Keps. Who's so proud of his history of "sexual harrassment" that he tells it to every new crowd he meets. And who was also accused of having a crush on...

...Sweatshirt Dude. "Secret" crushes mean nothing to this mini-community. Nothing's too sacred to not be laid out in the open. And so today PHTK was the "victim". Now everybody thinks that he's got the hots for this guy. Haha. In fairness, though, Sweatshirt Dude ain't so bad, but looks ain't everything. And if you ask me, his looks ain't enough to compensate for what-is-wrong-with-the-picture.

Holly Go Lightly. He says I'm stubborn. He's right. But a moment came when I was about to soften up, when I was about to actually see him in a different light, and then someone showed up. Okay. Wala ka rin palang pinagkaiba sa Typical. Kawawa naman ang taong magko-commit sa yo dahil walang kwenta sa mga katulad mo ang salitang commitment.

But you flatter me. And any positive feeling these days is certainly gonna be helpful--even something as superficial as that. Kaya sige lang, do your thing whenever you feel like it. I won't stop you but I won't encourage you either. Anyway as if naman may kapupuntahan yan.

FG. With the former Favorite Person gone down the bowels of uncherished memory, he's back up the charts as my Happiest Thought at Anytime of the Day. Friends tayo, di ba? Kahit may pagka-beeyatchy ka at walang kwenta sa yo ang feelings ng mga "tagahanga" mo, you're still somekinduva special person to me. I will always be protective of you, will always have it in my heart to want to take care of you. Kahit di mo kailangan at mas steady ka sa kin. Kahit ako ang nangangailangan ng tagapag-alaga sa mga panahong ganito.

Kung kailangan mo ng mahihingahan ng kilig o inis tungkol sa mga taong naiirita ka dahil sobrang mahal ka nila, andito lang ako. Syempre makakarinig ka sa kin ng mga okray, pero makakasiguro kang makikinig ako. Gaga ka talaga. Masyado kang nasanay
sa pagiging special. Kaya tine-take for granted mo na lang ang special treatment ng mga tao. Ano namang masama kung bilhan ka ni RB ng breakfast. Tapos tinapon mo pa. Ang bad mo talaga! Buti na lang tapos na ko sa phase na yon at immune na ko sa mga kaeklavuhan mo, kung hindi baka hindi na rin kita pinagkikikibo ngayon.

Anyway. Wish ko lang bago matapos ang eleven days eh makapag-duet tayo ng song nina Toni at Sam. You'll be Sam and I'll be Toni. Or pwede ring ikaw si Toni at ako si Sam. Tutal soprano ka rin naman. Gusto mo yon?

I won't be around next season kaya Advanced Happy Birthday na lang. Til the next serendipitous moment na lang uli. Try not too break too many hearts. Kapal mo! :-)

Funny Ribbings on an Artificially Cold Day:
Guy1: Saffron, di ba type mo yung mga may aurang bading?
Guy2: E si Guy3, type mo?
Guy3: Saffron, bading ako...(ano,type mo ko?)
Me: (looks at him) Namimili naman ako ng mga bading no.
Guy3: (a beat) Saffron gago ka a.

Haha! No offense. But just so they'll know that there are no doors to this house. Not for the likes of them, at least. Just for the record, to put the padlock on for good.

Ah shet. I hate my schedule for tomorrow. I'm going to work early so that I can make the darn daily sked the soonest time possible.

No comments: