Saturday, August 05, 2006

cooling off, cooling down, and the fire is just heatin up

the best time to blog is when i'm either 1) happier than normal, or 2) drearier than normal, and i guess this time is neither one of those. but since i'm no longer keeping a personal my-eyes-only diary i decide now that even emotionally-neutral days are worth documenting. they might even turn out to be an interesting read for me in the future.

yasmien video finished. objectively (huh? could this be possible?) speaking i suppose matino naman sya. what i'm kinda worried about, though, is the cheese factor. argh. i hope not. i'm sick of cheese. makes me doubt myself real bad. harhar.

last two days to go for the current movie project. my interests have been divided that's why i haven't been counting the days much. pag isang bagay lang kasi ang focus mo parang napakatagal. shoots have been postponed often because of the rains but tomorrow, come hell or high water we're gonna finish days 18 of 19 days. and finish day 19 the day after.

and then, on wednesday, i've invited my co-workers to the repeat screening of my little kabaklaan of a short film to the UP CineAdarna. ay! kung matutuloy man sila sa wednesday, sana magustuhan nila. sana din makapunta si direk. although the idea alone somekinda brings out the shy person in me. haha. i feel awkward just thinking about it.

we're nearing the end of another project, and the old me would've been writing her goodbye dedications by now, but strangely i don't feel any...sadness at all. it began with the previous film project, and the (nonexistent) feeling is here again. have i finally learned the Art of Detachment, or the sentimentality will catch up with me later?

ewan. this has been a really friendly bunch of workers. the politics ain't that horrid, compared to my workplaces of recent months. i especially am fond of the art department (whom i've worked with in the f0ll0wing r0s@ film last year) and the assistant director is my somekinduva-best-chum on the set, but i don't know if i will miss them when this is over. it's a small industry anyway, and we're bound to meet in common circles again one of these days.

and, since this film is about to wrap up anyway, today i found the courage (and yes, the gall) to tell the so-called confidantes that i have "cooled off" with The Boyfriend. hahaha. (not-so) coincidentally the guy who was my inspiration for The Boyfriend's Face has cooled off with his S.O. as well, so i must have been inspired. truth to tell, though, it does feel good to be Unabashedly Single once again.

heehaw!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So wonderful to see new entries again. :D

Even though I'm not a YKurdi fan, I will keep an eye out for the video! ;)

Baliktad tayo. I love having focus. I have trouble keeping the balls in the air when I'm juggling many things.

Welcome back to the wonderful world of being single. haha!

saffron_blue said...

cf: only now do i realize that in certain aspects of this life, Not Focusing can actually be good. alavet!

read about your date. i share the same sentiments about those certain types!