Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Hello Week 7 (on Keetow)

And scale says, I've lost a total of 7 kilos (a little more than 15 lbs). Yey!

Pero syempre, chubby pa rin. A lot more to lose. At 55.9 kgs, 5 kilos away from target weight of 50 kilos. Ang hirap mag-lose ng 1 kilo. It takes a week. At the rate I'm going. Week 6 I only lost 1.2 kilos. That's normal, and relatively happy naman ako sa progress.  After all I'm barely into my second month.

I always remind myself of the toilet paper analogy. Toilet paper rolls just keep unraveling, you hardly notice them shrinking. But in time, they do shrink until there's no more toilet paper left. Syempre ayoko naman nung wala nang natira sa akin. Haha. But you get the idea. The body shrinks in time. It takes time. Because it didn't take me just a few weeks to gain all this fat.

Hopefully, by June, I'd have reached 50 kgs. I haven't taken weight loss this seriously in a LONG time, haha. But I'm happy with the keetow way of eating. I'm not as hungry as I used to (of course, may "tulong" ako from the appetite suppressant I'm taking, pero okay lang... in time siguro di ko na sya kakailanganin). I cook my own food, I make sure I don't go overboard with the calories and the carbs (pero estimation lang ang ginagawa ko. I don't weigh my food or compute my macros or anything like that). I usually fat-fast (drink high-fat coffee) until the late afternoon and eat only in the evening.

I can now fit into some old clothes. Yesterday I was at the mall and passed by these full-length mirrors. I've passed by these mirrors so many times in the past, but usually I'd get disgusted by what I'd see. I'd usually be reminded of how fat I am. :-( But yesterday, hindi ako nandiri. Nakita ko ang difference. Kaya ko nang sikmurain yung nakita kong reflection. But then narealize ko rin, malaki pa rin talaga ang midsection. Hehe.

Because of keetow research I've come to understand my body more. To burn fat you need to break them down first. How to break them down? They say the best way is to do intermittent fasting. So today I'm doing an intermittent fast til 4pm.

Sana lang talaga.. by June.. 50 kgs na. Target for Week 7 is a steady 55 kgs.  I haven't gone down the scale this low since 2015, I think. Grabe, 2015 is 4 years ago?!? Tumatanda tayo na di natin namamalayan.

Other perks- I think my skin is clearer. Yesterday lumabas ako without putting on any makeup. Not even foundation. Pero same effect as when I would put on foundation.

Normally din, I'd be too lazy to exercise. Pero may mga bursts of energy ako na feeling ko kaya kong mag-exercise in bursts and I'd be compelled to. Kahapon nga lang kulang ako sa tulog kaya mabigat ang katawan ko. Pero normally... hindi na ako nagki-cringe at the thought of moderate physical activity.

* * *  

So.. silence. I love peace and quiet. It allows me to gather my thoughts. And at times, I'm compelled to pray.  I'm scared of new things. I'm scared of failure, not being capable enough to give what is expected of me. Pero everything I'm scared of... dadaanin ko sa dasal. Lord, please calm my turbulent waters. I know if I surrender it all to You.. wala akong dapat ipag-alala.

There are two pending jobs that I'm actually worried about. Pero KAYA KO 'TO. KAKAYANIN. Kasi kailangan. I should believe in God more. Lord, tulungan Nyo akong magawa ang kailangan kong gawin, and meet (even exceed) their expectations.

Magagawa ko nang maganda ang dapat gawin for the raket.  Kung sakali mang mahirap, kakayanin ko. Makakaya ko.

At ang revision ng script for the weekly TV show, marerevise ko nang madulas at magaan. Kahit mahirap, kakayanin ko. Makakaya ko.

Lord, I surrender all these to You. I believe in You. With You helping me, there is NOTHING that I cannot do.

No comments: