Monday, September 26, 2005

blame it on the cones

Pahabol:

Thanks to beatlebum’s byers missives, I’m reminded.

How could I have forgotten?

The lovable team of EWONG, ATHAN, and MATIMTIMAN, who made writing those audio/video scripts easier for us…
…ATHAN, who would let me hug him each time we’d meet (aww!)
…EWONG, the efficient and hardworking spearheader of the Transcription System (at nagpauso rin ng “poetic style” sa transcriptions..or was it Hyas?)
…MATIMTIMAN “HYAS” PETERS, for sharing her stories over cups of coffee and yosi in the wee working hours (my fellow at the women’s lib movement! :-) )
…ANDY, for our yosi bonding sessions at the toxic I-post smoking room
…HENRY, for his positively entertaining jabs at the industry’s status quo (hehehe)

The silent but venomous trio of supervising postproducers…
…JR, for volunteering his baby blanket during one of those dreary overnights at I-Post
…HERBERT, my college friend/Qpids confidante/Ipost mealmate, the uber-able SP on the Qpids bloc
…AYE, whose juicy stories have always tempted me away from work (hahaha), the girl whose down-to-earthness was only revealed to me during our Qpids stint together (I hope the “makeover” offer’s still open!)

And the rest of those who were transients but made a mark in the 6-month life of Qpids: MS. MAVIC, Ms. Maru’s alternate (LM Kuya Tony’s orig ka-labteam),
Ms. NANCY (ang pinakamagandang production designer!),
MS. MERCY, ang aming bangis na floor director (at bespren ni Marcus, hehe)
all the EDITORS (bespren ko silang lahat!),
the CAMERAMEN (Kuya Manolo! Tamar! Agot! Our BTS boys!),
the SETMEN (Angel’s boys, yihee),
the MAKEUP ARTISTS (there’s this one girl I kept pairing off with everybody and she was so tickled by the idea),
field cashier MARLON (the “richest” boy on the set…pa-advance naman dyan, hehe),
location manager KUYA TONY (nagbonding galore sila ni Adolf sa Bohol...uyy)
And of course, KUYA MANNY (our indefatigable and ever-reliable Utility Man! Without his iced coffee, tulog kaming lahat!)

…BEAR KO KAYO! (sniff!)

Keber na kung di nila to mabasa. I’m tossin out my dedications to the wind, nonetheless…hoping that somehow each message would reach its destination. 

In other news…

It will take one more ounce of concentration to finish what I need to finish in time for tomorrow. Compared to what I’ve been through in the past six months this is practically an exercise, but this psychological virus called Pro-Cras-tina-Tion has been infecting my hard drive again: Don’t leave your comfort zone, save the work for later. Well shut up, harbinger of bad vibes. I’m goin to work on this, and soon!

But before that, one more note.
Just one.

They say it comes with being female. Noticing details. They say it has something to do with females having more “cones” in the brain (is that the layman’s term for it?), that’s why they pay more attention to the little things that make up an absolute.

Well, I never considered myself as a female in that sense. Sure, I nitpick, but on ordinary days, I neglect details in favor of the big picture. Except in certain cases.

And in certain cases, I notice everything. Because everything seems special. And it’s those little things that I will somekinda miss somehow, when the storybook finally closes.

Loving rootbeer. Starbucks Rhumba. Pancit canton at Dencio’s. Banana splits and ice cream.

The things that make someone laugh. Spotting the resemblance between two unrelated people (haha, amusing!). The sight of a friend’s hyper-stuttering rendition of “Smooth Criminal”. The same friend’s hyperventilating tension over winning a card game (Friend: “Ano ba, ba’t di mo mahulaan?! We have to win e!”). Remembering our corny-but-soon-to-be-legendary invented terms (“Hmm, that’s so very {invented term}” {laughs}). Getting kicks out of pairing me off with, um, interesting characters (i.e. gigolo-type waiters, aging old cab drivers, gothic punks, etc). Extra money! (hahaha, that makes us all happy, dude).

And all that make me laugh as well. Cause it’s so rare that I see someone laugh like that.

How seeing someone’s ex would entail a drastic change in someone’s mood. Sadness, happiness, or plain restlessness. (especially hate seeing sadness. makes me wanna sing another cheesy MYMP song). How someone’s eyes would roll whenever he’s irritated or annoyed. How he'd fidget or simply tune us all out when he’s bored. Petroleum jellies. Videoke. Picking on leftovers from other people's plates. “Gaga!” and “Potah ka!” on unguarded moments. Hahaha!

Oh well. Amazing how I notice those little things. Maybe I am female, after all.

Ok, a helluva note. Get to work, beeyatch.

No comments: