Monday, September 12, 2005

final stretch

and here's the final stretch. ouch. literally, i hurt. just when i thought that we're past the toughest act, the denouement seems to just....stretch on.
well, might as well quit whining. i'm gonna miss this when this is over.

we did videoke the other night. my new favorite song: especially for you. how predictable of me. and how cheesy.

i was singing and it struck me. why didn't i notice it before? did someone change the lyrics, or did it actually say "i want to let you know what i was going through"? i lost my breath. if this were the movies the protagonist would've been belting it out, with matchin tears. but i lost my moment. my voice was a whimper. everything was too close. literally.

the best way to tell someone how you feel is through a song. it's cheesy like all the rest but it's cathartic. you laugh and cry at the irony, yet you feel good that you somehow let it out.

No comments: