Saturday, December 31, 2005

all over the world on New Year's eve

Five places I'd like to see at the stroke of midnight:


New York City. I imagine it's gonna be a riot of lights and sounds over there. Times Square will probably filled with New Yorkers singing Auld Lang Syne with champagne glasses and sparklers on their hands. Haha. Or maybe they don't do those things anymore.

Rome. I want to see Rome. New Year or not. The cathedrals and the piazzas, the cobblestone streets and the fountains. I want to go there in 2006. Haha! Wishing wishing wishing.

Hongkong. Will there be a New Year in HK tonight? Don't they celebrate it in February? Nonetheless, I'd want to see the city at night. The only time I'd been there, we had to plane out of the city by night. And the only time I was able to see HK at night was when I was onboard a passing plane, 2 years ago. The entire mini-archipelago looked like a galaxy of stars underneath us. Beautiful!

Paris. I'm sure this place will be breathtaking on New Year's eve night. It's not called the City of Lights for nada.

Brazil. I wonder how South Americans celebrate their New Year? I imagine taverns and flowing beer, native music and dancing, maybe even fireworks. Never been to South America, and if I were to venture in that continent, I'd choose Brazil as my stop.

Sigh. Wanna be Superwoman and fly all over the world on New Year's Eve.

Gotta get back to work. Happy 2006, passing reader!

No comments: