Thursday, December 29, 2005

farewell note

Next to a love song, there's nothing more universal than a sad song.

Just as a certain Coldplay song will forever burn in my memory, so will it forever remind me of certain persons.

When you try your best but you don't succeed...
When you get what you want but not what you need...
When you feel so tired but you cant sleep...
Stuck in reverse...

And the tears come streamin down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone but it goes to waste
Could it be worse...?


Lights...will guide you home
And ignite...your bones
And I will try to fix you.


And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try, you never know
Just what you're worth...


Lights will guide...you home
And ignite...your bones
And I will try...to fix you.

Tears stream down your face
when you lose somethin that you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face
And i...

Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream...down your face
And I...

Lights will guide...you home
And ignite...your bones
And I will try to fix you.


You, finding momentary solitude in a back alley, playing with a stray dog.
You, walking alone along the railways and the shanties, when all the rest have packed up and gone home.
You, trying to drown your thoughts in the sights and sounds of a place that, in a different life, could have been your Home.
You, getting acquainted with the locals and the language, laughing over your inability to speak your mother's tongue.
Your silent moments with a cigarette, collecting your thoughts for the next moment ahead.
Your silent moment that night, outside the bar, blowing off smoke, nursing a broken heart.
You, walking out into the night, searching for something that seemed to have been lost, something that nothing--and no one--can replace or compensate for.

You were a stranger, just as I was to you. But I thought I could tell whenever you were down and broken. And almost each time I'd find myself fervently wishing that I could do something, that I could be the person who could, somehow, fix you.

But I'm not. I know. We don't choose the people who affect and touch us in ways that few people could. And I bid my farewells with that in mind.

Byebye. Have a nice life. Hugs. I never could have hugged you in person, not even after those packups. At least I was able to give you those hugs via SMS.

Haha.

No comments: