Sunday, December 04, 2005

the anecdote of the wet ones

an adventurous day today.

we shot scenes the entire morning inside a moving bus. one of those big tin-can, ordinary-fare types, sans the air conditioning.

it was hot and sticky inside when the bus wasn't moving. we were all breaking up a sweat by 10 am. while waiting for the camera to be set up, he picked up a pack of pink Wet Ones from the floor and turned to me. "Do you want to have some?" was what I heard.

"sure." i replied almost instantly. how coincidental, i thought--i had one of those packets of Wet Ones, too, and they were also of the pink variety. and now he was offering them to me. awww. could it be fate?

"no, i said if i could have some." he said. "i think these are yours." i looked down at the pocket of my belt bag and saw that my Wet Ones were, indeed, gone.

"oh. sure." i said, slightly embarrassed. embarrassed because i was somekinda bingi, not to mention presumptuous for assuming that he wanted to offer me anything more than this job (erm, which he didn't, on second thought). and also because i had seemed to eager to take the offer, despite the fact that I had all the while been thinking that I had my own pack with me. Argh.

hahaha. pano naman kasi napakaOA ng american twang mo, dude. sino ba namang pinoy ang hindi mabibingi every once in a while. as he proceeded to wipe the wet napkin all over his sweating neck n' nape i decided that i ought to forget the incident. even if it was one of those rare instances when he would talk to me about anything else outside of work.

kahit na tungkol sa Wet Ones lang. haha, pathetic.

1 comment:

CF said...

Oh my... this made me laugh. :D Thanks for sharing! hehe