Sunday, June 11, 2006

day 29 awaits

day 29 of 29 days tonight, at 9 pm!

senti time again, bluey blue? not really. i don't know why. maybe i've gotten past that phase already. missing everyone. maybe my joy upon the thought of coming home overshadows the rue i should've been feeling about having to say goodbye to these folks i've worked with for 29+ days (not excluding preproduction).

maybe so, or maybe i've emotionally locked myself up a bit too well in the past two months. kaya wala akong nararamdamang pagkalungkot.

so who should i be missing?
the vietnamese wardrobe department who just loooove me so much (when i call any of them "me oy"--"mommy" in vietnamese--they all laugh and hug me)?
the vietnamese crew of lights and grips (boys will be boys, anywhere, everywhere)?
the viet-french direk?
our grandpere of a cinematographer?
the beautiful cast (especially, ehem, the cutest of the bunch)?
Miss Tu, the makeup artist (who taught me how to treat acne the vietnamese way)?
George, the Aussie Assistant Art Director who is also one of my favorite persons in the crew?
My fellow Pinoys in the brood (except for one, but I have a feeling that we will end this film in semi-friendly terms)?
The boys at the carpool--
Jeremy the Canadian who's Ever-Sarcastic-In-A-Sometimes-Funny-Way,
Kevin the Viet-Kieu who was always there for Viet-English translations,
Nolette (one of my kababayans)whose memorable lines from real life include "Want me to hit you, man? Want me to hit youuu?" and "This is MY VAN! Take a taxi!" (hahaha. won't ever forget that, 'dre)
Aaron, the 2nd AD who reminds me of someone from the Pinas (and no, it's not FG)?
Tung, the Viet Boomguy whom I keep teasing to our Clapper Guy (once told him: "do you know that in Tagalog, your name actually means "lesbian"?)?
Coung, the ever-fresh-smelling, ever clean, ever fah-bulous member of the bunch (need I say that he's the only gay guy in there as well?)?

Hmm. Maybe I should also miss the ever-accommodating Crafts Services (i.e. Utility and Catering) em oys, who already know my beverage of choice ("Red Bull? Ok, ok!"). Or Lai Oy, Tung's ka-loveteam. Mr. Fouk, the Loader, who would always take care of me in one way or another (kahit di naman kami close).

These people, and maybe a few more.
Hay.
Come to think of it, parang nagiging senti na rin ako.

I'm glad for the chance to have met you, guys.
I'll see you all again. Soon or someday.

3 comments:

waterfowl said...

yehey! babalik na si yam!

Anonymous said...

To quote Bill, the great bard:
Parting is such sweet sorrow...

saffron_blue said...

cf! didn't clinton say that too? hehe.

waterfowl! may pasalubong ako sa yo, dapat secret pero sasabihin ko na. vietnamese brewed coffee! :-)