Tuesday, July 04, 2006

lookin through the back of my head

me, counting backwards:
tuesday. film shoot was wrapped at 6 in the morning. hitched a ride with production assistant Jason. talks, talks on the way home.

Jason:
olats talaga sweldo sa pelikula, kumpara sa TV. dati nung nagsho-shotlister ako sa TV 9 thousand ako a week. nakabili nga ako ng kotse e. first time ko to sa film pero napansin ko ala naman masyadong pagkakaiba...except yung film camera.

Me:
malaki naman ang pagkakaiba, dude. na-try ko na rin mag-TV pero bumabalik pa rin ako sa pelikula. kung pera ang pag-uusapan talagang mas malaki sa TV pero iba ang fulfillment sa pelikula e.

Jason:
siguro nga kung passion ang pag-uusapan, pero olats talaga ang sweldo e.

Me:
eh marami ka naman kasi atang binubuhay kaya ganon..

Jason:
hinde a! binata ako!

the person had been obliquely making jokes on the set that he had "families to feed", so i was surprised by the revelation. all the more was i surprised by my reaction to it--bat parang may dint of gladness akong naramdaman sa sinabi nyang yon?

hah. puyat, pagod, at depression lang siguro. i'd know better not to go there.

monday. i had more energy today than i did the day before. and the scenes we'd taken had further convinced me that this is not just another one of those movies that will come and go and quickly fade into memory. i have much respect for the direk. he knows what he wants, and he achieves it. any first-time feature-length director would have been happy in his situation. the film's rushes are looking great.

my energy was jacked up a bit more when we had a surprise visitor on the set--the Fil-Am direk from F0ll0win@ R0sa, the foreign film we'd shot last year. he's in town for additional shots. when back then i'd been Miss Fishstick Tightass to him (kasi emotionally affected, hehe), now i'm simply glad to see him. i realize now that in my case, my relationships with people improve when 1) the Boss is no longer the Boss, and/or 2) when the Crush is no longer the Crush.

sigh. which brings my thoughts to my night-out with friends last Saturday. but that will have to come later.

sunday. exhausted and puyat from the gimik of the night before, i went straight to work. ang init sa bahay na pinagshootan namin. tapos wala pa kong masyadong tulog. but i survived the day just remembering happy memories from the night before. hehe. browsing through my digicam and looking at the pictures i'd taken. it would literally make me smile.

saturday. went to Malate with a bunch of friends from Da Haus. it had been a while since i had a nightout like this. what a rarity. what a rush. what a memory. and i can go on and on and on.

this one merits a separate entry. :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! My name is mae from the Dennis Trillo thread at gma7.

I was fortunate to sort of able to interview Dennis. I asked if he has a good role in the upcoming movie TEXT.

I asked because I was not so sold to another horror/thriller film right after his Pamahiin. And then there is White Lady and soon Sukob of Kris and Claudine. Parang influx of horror films.

But I read your comments, specifically … “not just another one of those movies that will come and go and quickly fade into memory. i have much respect for the direk. he knows what he wants, and he achieves it. any first-time feature-length director would have been happy in his situation. the film's rushes are looking great.”

I may not know you but I will take your word, that it will be a movie worth waiting for… not just because Dennis is in it :-)

I hope you would not mind if I refer them (posters from the thread) to visit your site so they too, would learn of your comments and see the pictures.

I enjoyed visiting. Thank you. :D

Anonymous said...

hi!

just dropin by...

btw, i am joeh of dennis' thread at gma-7

Anonymous said...

hi! i read about this from the igma thread, from your pics movie sounds good!

saffron_blue said...

hey there guys, thanks for visiting this blog. hope you wouldn't repost the pics on other sites, though. i'm not sure if my "bossings" would agree to that. hehe.