Friday, October 01, 2004

so much for my happy ending (uh-huh, uh-huh)

Is it just me, or is this so...movie-ish?
I got into a bet with a couple of friends. The first one who loses his/her "blessed singlehood" by Christmastime gets treated (along with his/her special someone) by the losers to the restaurant of his/her choice. The special someone has to be "eligible" (jologs/weirdos not allowed), and the relationship has to at least last for three months after that victory dinner treat.
Got into it for fun. At least that would be some kind of motivation on our part to try to get something exciting (i.e. a love life) into our celibate lives. To be honest, though, hooking up with any guy besides the one I actually want right now (sigh...) isn't as exciting a notion for me...but for fun, I'm gonna try. Happy now, beatlebum? :-)

He and I got off work at 12 midnight last night. It was raining. We sat there, smoking and chatting while waiting for the rain to stop. I had an umbrella with me, but I didn't take it out--I wanted to be around him longer. Haha. Guess the pinprick of guilt over that sneaky little act of omission wasn't enough to bug my conscience.

It would have been the perfect setup. Rainy night, no one else around, nothing to do but wait and talk to each other. Sigh. If it were any other guy, I would have sensed some signs by then. But I didn't.

Okay lang. Love has always been a one-way avenue for this drifter, anyway. Sanay na tayo dyan.

No comments: