Tuesday, October 04, 2005

rain child

another rainy day. i used to feel all glum and dreary when it rains but lately i find myself getting to enjoy it more. curl up, read a book, drink some mallowed coffee, smoke, watch the sky cry itself out right outside my window.

i miss someone. so damn much. but i've been through the worst bout, i suppose. right after Act Three. now i'm just looking forward to seeing him again. someday. maybe by then i'd have been missing someone else. haha. so much for can't-live-without-you, martyr-kind of love.

hmm. come to think of it, i've always been a rain-child. rainy days used to inspire me towards creation. two months ago a friend and i whimsically cavorted under a downpour. it was liberating. we were two little pinpoints in the universe, embracing these higher powers.

yesterday i took a random bath under the rain again. it was cold, so i just sat there. and started introspecting. haha. the rain does that to me, as well.

thanks to cine europa, i now find myself unusually fascinated by europe. last film i saw was "dog nail clipper"--bad title, beautiful movie. the memory of the winter landscape, that beautiful red dog, the amazingly consistent performance of the lead actor (Peter Franzen) as a brain-damaged war veteran--it brought me into an exotic world, for an hour-and-a-half. i was a sponge, taking in everything without judgment. right until the final shot.

and that was when i realized that i had stumbled upon a little gem. "Ang ganda." i enthused to my friend, who felt the same. i rarely say that at a film's closing credits. usually i wait until we've gone out of the theater. haha. maybe my lowered expectations (the cineeuropa catalogue doesn't do the film justice!)had a lot to do with it.

i'm thinking of leaving. for a while. and buying myself a cheap but dependable digicam, for the moment. travails into the relatively exotic can't go without documentation. pictures are proof that you were alive, at a particular time and place. and for a pseudoexistence like mine, it serves to remind me that hey, maybe i really am alive.

2 comments:

CF said...

I feel like sleeping the day away when it rains. A tall mug of hot chocolate or a bowl of piping-hot soup also hits the spot. :D

Awww, sorry to hear you're still pining. :(

Europe! Sounds like something that would be loads of fun! Visiting Europe is one of the things on my "Someday" list. You know, the "Things I'll Eventually Get Around to Doing... Someday" List. :D

saffron_blue said...

pining! ouch! haha.
not really. just being senti on a rainy day. :-) a european holiday now one the items of my "Things to Do Before I Die" list, too. :-D