Monday, October 17, 2005

the truth about cats and dogs



Now this is the kind of dog I'd like to own.
A golden labrador. Long round ears, round eyes, fumbling, fleshy, huggable.

This kind of dog wouldn't be too bad, either:



A beagle. I was a Snoopy fan long before I came to love Garfield. But Garfield still holds a special place in my heart til now.

I haven't had a pet cat for more than a year now. For such a cat kind of person, that's long. Well, we have a house cat ("Frenchie" was what they called him) but he hasn't earned the "Pet" label in my book, and he may never will. He's too clingy. And for a cat, that's something. One thing I've always loved about cats (except for their God-given physical beauty--wide prismatic eyes, lithe physique, furry little paws, cute little pink nose) is that aloof, cooler-than-thou nature of theirs. It makes me want to earn their affection. And when I do, I feel like one of those truly special ones. Because they don't give it to just anybody else.

Haha. Now you go make a psychoanalytical chorva on that.

No comments: