Friday, January 20, 2006

mini-milestone

just as i was finishing up the previous post, someone ym-s me.

oh, if it ain't the Ghost of Christmas Past. catchin up on old times, aren't we? did you sense somehow that one of your "fans" is getting over you?

another window pops in, saying that the person isn't in my ym list, and if i would like to add him. on instinct, i almost clicked on the "yes" button, but i realized just in time that i had deliberately deleted this person from my list long ago.

i left the "yes" button alone and said hello. we talked shop--film and tv, work and common friends, the usual jibber-jabbers of two acquaintances moving in the same circles. and throughout this ym chat i arrived at an achievement--a mini-milestone even, in the context of my history regarding this person. for the first time, ever, my pulse rate was normal.

despite the bothersome thoughts circling in my head these days, the new pseudo-romantic anomaly that i had allowed myself to nurture, despite everything that's ever worried and depressed and scared me these past few weeks, that mini-milestone is something to congratulate myself for.

nyters, he typed in, after a somewhat lengthy ym-versation.

nyters, i typed back. but byers is what i really wanted to say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, girl! :D Two thumbs up!

beatlebum said...

LOL! :)